Somewhere off Turtle Bay

Somewhere off Turtle Bay

Cruising Mexico

Cruising Mexico
NALU IV

Revelcito Back Bay, Tenacatita

Revelcito Back Bay, Tenacatita
Dingy Landing

Revelcito, Tenacatita

Revelcito, Tenacatita
Margaret found me a second home

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zihuatanejo & Ixtapa


Ixtapa to be exact. It's only 8 miles north of Zihuatanejo. It's February 2nd 2010 and we are having scattered showers here. I am told this is not normal for this time of year. El Nino has moved in and is changing the normal weather patterns.

Yesterday was a beautiful warm sunny day with S/W winds 10 to 15 knots. I took my new friends sailing, it was their first time sailing and they loved it. They all work at "Che Mangiamo" Restaurant in Ixtapa Marina. They were: Marlon, Sofia, Josh, Videl, Jessie and Itzel. I took them out in the ocean for a few hours then we anchored at Isla Grande, a island near the marina and to cool off we went swimming. After swimming we had cervesas and lots of good food including "Tiritas". The chef Vidal prepared it right on the boat. My favorite, raw fresh fish cooked in lemon juice with purple onions, garlic, yellow pepper, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. It was fantastic. It was getting close to sunset so we went back to the marina and sat on the boat through the evening. What a beautiful group of people, in fact, most everyone I have met in Mexico have been beautiful people. This is what makes it all worth the trip.

If you happen to visit Ixtapa Marina stop by "Che Mangiamo" Resturant and Bar. They have excellent food and live music.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kent,
    My name is Michel, I am Miguel's ( from Che Mangiamo in Ixtapa) son and Marlon and Sophia's brother (obviously! hehe) Just found your blog and makes me very happy to know you all had such good times. Its always good to know some stories about my dad, bro and sis ( and Josh also, who happens to be one of my best friends) and to see some pics.
    Thanks for posting your stories and pics!
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete